Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Fear

My friend sent me The Phobia List. I was then told to "pick out one that is unimaginable, one that is unfair or ironic and one that brings back a memory..." So here is my list:


Fear of everything.
Panophobia or Pantophobia
I just don't see how this would work.
~*~
Fear of long words.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Why would they name it that? How do you tell someone who has this phobia the name of their phobia? So mean...
~*~
Fear of dolls.
Pediophobia
This just reminds me of the first time I watched Toy Story. Now the movie didn't bother me. In fact, I loved that movie. We ended up buying it and everything. But for some reason, after getting tucked into my bed at night and having the door pulled up, it always felt as if all of my toys, stuffed animals and dolls were watching me! The funny thing is, during the day, I had no problem with all of them. I still played with them. But at night, it was as if they were just waiting for me to go to sleep so they could roam around my room/houes, be evil and do as they pleased. I lost a lot of sleep for a few nights. I finally came to the conclusion that I'd put them all in my closet and push my little table in front of the door so they couldnt get out. Any left overs would be put in the guest room. Not sure when I got over that- but I did.


~K Fingerett~

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Stuffed toys had the same effect on me...they were creepy as hell at night...I think it's those amber plastic eyes that seem to shine and reflect light even when it's dark.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Thanks for the comment. I grew up a Catholic and I was also always the one who would question the logic of my Catholic school teachers. I was told that dinosaur bones were tests of faith and that if I didn't believe in Creation exactly as it was written in the Bible that I would go to hell.
I have no problems with Christians because, like I wrote, I think some people live better and happier lives as a result of their belief. However, I don't think that those beliefs are truly someone's own if they believe them simply out of fear of damnation. In any case, what I was really trying ot get at was that I think people need to live their own lives and form their own beliefs through their own thought process.
Thanks for the comments, they are truly appreciated. I will continue to check out your blog.

Michael

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:13:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I forgot to mention this, but I am scared shitless of lifelike baby dolls that children play with. It's something about a plastic child and the beady little eyes that just creeps me out.

Michael

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger DiaKL said...

:) yeah, I remember mine endless nights too, absolute darkness, and sometimes only my eyes open, and thinking that something is watching me...or worse, that something is going to touch me any minute...ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! :D

I got it over as well, now I have a different one, Im afraid being alone dark in the forest, even knowing there are houses near by...I understood that when I was lost in a road through a forest this Summer, but in twilight zone, I was saved! :D

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:55:00 PM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

K - if I haven't done this yet. thank you for your kind words on my site. this week has been bloody hell and i'm wading thru so much.

your words of support mean boatloads to me.

love ya.


To answer your post tho? Clowns. Any goddamned clown doll scares the beejeezus outta me. 'specially after flipping the tv stations the other night and landing on Poltergiest - seeing that stuffed clown try to kill that kid...

(full body shudder)

ewwwww

~ B

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Chronophobia, maybe? I'm just trying to figure out new ones, but I'm sure that one is taken.

Ha, Toy Story freaked you out!

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:17:00 PM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Okay, so its the eyes that does it for Dave and Michael... *note taken* ... hehe :P

Aww... poor Dia :( why were you out in the forest at night? Hmm...

Yay! B! ::more hugs:: Don't like clowns? Darn. I guess I'll just bring this little guy back to the store... ^_^

Afraid of time, Grunt Man? Are you afraid you wont have enough? ... Laughing at me are you? ::kicks you in the shin and runs:: :P

Thanks for stopping by everyone!


~K

Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home