Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Monday, April 24, 2006

Escape

*Feeling free- until you realize you've been trapped in a large glass box of water*


Well I went on down to Florida to visit a friend this weekend. It was someone I hadn't seen in about three years now- It was great to see them again :)
~*~
The days were so nice- they were hot- but a dry hot... Not the sticky hot that I get here at home. The nights were the best- the night air was so refreshing... It was just so nice to be away from home- even if it was only for a few days. Now don't get me wrong, I love being home- but its nice to get away every once in a while. I've always wished that I would have the time to travel somewhere far away. Somewhere with a totally different culture- not too far out of my comfort zone... But something new and exciting.
~*~
Well I'm tired... I think I'll turn in now- I guess I'll have to check out your blog entries tomorrow... Thanks so much for the lovely comments- they always make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside [hehe :P] You all should be hearing from me soon enough!


~K Fingerett~

10 Comments:

Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

It sure is nice to get away from it all...the Canadian north is my paradise and I can't wait to see her in the coming weeks.

Love this goldfish shot...it's tranquil and soft.

Monday, April 24, 2006 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

K, I think I get the point of the picture and the text together. Traveling does free us from the confines of our day-to-day. I wonder if the goldfish feels a little refreshed when he sits in a seond bowl of water while his "home" is being cleaned?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

i feel like your fishee.
i've got my own office, but with no windows, no ambient light, and omgoodnessamitrapped.

eep!

glad to see you're back! missed ya!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Vermilyea said...

Very interesting shot! It's much more impressive on larger view. Very emotive, I think. Regards, Brent

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

I would love to go visit Canada again... Be sure to share after your trip to your "paradise" Dave :)

Annie, I'd like to believe my fish feel that way while on their mini vacation ^_^

I'm glad you like my fishee :) Why dont you put up a painting of a window with a nice view in you office? [just a thought... hehe!] And thanks- missed you too B!

I agree Brent, I think this picture looks MUCH better in the 'larger view' :D

It took a few pictures to get something neat- but anything I got wasnt what I was looking for. Then I thought about feeding them...[duh!] and this was one of the best results :) I'm glad you all liked this post!


~K

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:09:00 PM  
Blogger The Alchemist said...

Nice to see you back - like goldfish - having a four second memeory and all - I seem to forget vacations pretty quickly once the monotony of everyday takes over again - or at least they seem like some far away dream, or something you read about or saw on tv a long time ago -

Your so luck to visit florida - by your description - although short - it sounds amazing - hot and refreshing - add wet to that list of adjectives and it could start sounding like somehting else.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:40:00 PM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Thats where things like pictures come in handy AD- to keep your memories 'frozen in time' I guess so you can always look back on them and remember.

It was amazing. You haven't been? You should go if you haven't :)

And about that last bit of your comment... Nice :P

Thanks for stopping by ^_^


~K

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger Hamadryad said...

Nice pic :) ..... the Goldie is trying to convey that it too needs a break from the blue box it is in ;)

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Beautiful contrasts!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Curious Pussy said...

Fabulous fisky picture. I must get a goldfish. And a new camera!

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I post so rarely these days it is nice to know people still come by.

c.p.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 11:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home