Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Monday, May 01, 2006

Party Crasher

I have a bunch of little friends who like to stop by and hang out in my back yard. And this is one of them. This bunny is always hanging out in the shade of the house sometime after 3pm. So I went through my regular routine: after checking out the garden, I'll sit down and hang out a bit. Then I'll glance over to that little shaded area and see the bunny cooling off in the shade. At this point, I'll head on inside and grab a few pieces of bunny goodness from the vegetable draw of my fridge.

I usually get about three feet away from it and put the treats down on the grass and move away so it can eat without me standing over it. But this time was different. I didn't even get near the shadowed area when it hopped up and bounced away from the shadowed area. It sat there all alert being perfectly still- with the exception of its pointed ears twitching around almost robotically...

I felt so sad. I though I'd done something wrong- that I'd scared it somehow and that it wouldn't come back any more... After taking what I thought might be the last pictures I would have of it, I took a look over to where it was sitting and saw this....

Now I don't mind Kelly's friends stopping by- but not if they are going to be rude to my other guests.

The bunny got away before this new cat got anywhere near it. Talk about ruining the day! Yeesh... I just hope the bunny comes back again. And I'll remember this cats face:

that's right, not tuna or any other kitty goodness for you. Bad kitty.


~K Fingerett~

8 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Thanks for dropping by "K". These pictures are nice. They/you tell a good story. I see the eye's in your avatar, very intriguing.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:53:00 AM  
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

Hey u got some interesting friends.
So u back from your friends place and all.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:42:00 AM  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

The only thing with bunnies is they also take your grass, but never leave any behind! ;o)

That kitty had Hossenpfeffer Pie on his mind.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I really enjoyed reading your story told alongside the visuals. Starting with the bunny and ending with the cat sets a tone of danger (for the bunny), I fear.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger The Alchemist said...

haha glad the cat didn't eat your new friend. He looks quite mean - bet you he was so disappointed in not catching the rabbit.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:06:00 PM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

funny that since you've started visiting my blog, you've begun saying phrases like "kitty goodness..."

gawd I love corrupting the innocent!
bwa hah ahahaaaaaa!

thanks for the swing by and comment on my site! I'd love to pop for the new camera action, but there's that whole issue of them demanding MONEY for it...

sheesh. what's THAT all about.

;)

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Whew! I though this story was not going to have a happy ending as I was reading through the post. Thankfully it turned out all right! Can't say anything bad about the kitty though, its just natural instinct and I more of a cat lover than a bunny lovere...

Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got a cat and if Sinem saw these shots, she would be going now "I want one". Women :)

Suby

Friday, May 05, 2006 11:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home