Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Flower Dance

***I watched them trade places- flying from one flower to the next... It looked like they were dancing***


After getting the mail, I reached the driveway, stopped and started looking through the mail... And thats when three bees just zoomed past my head- I thought I was being attacked and freaked out.
~*~
When I was done freaking out and opened my eyes [and looked around to see if anyone was watching O_o], I turned to see my flowers behind me and realized that is what the bees were after- not me... Duh :\
~*~
Well, I was still a bit shaken up, but I pulled out my camera and took this picture [and a few more]. I was still kinda scared that I would get in the way of one of the bees and it would attack me and call all its little friends to help :( ... [I've never been stung by a bee or anything like it- but I've seen people get stung and its not pretty...]
~*~
Anyway, they didn't attack me while I took pictures of them. All they did was fly over and around me- which was still a little nerve racking- but at least I got a few pretty pictures ^_^


~K Fingerett~

10 Comments:

Blogger The Alchemist said...

I've seen someone attacked by bees - when I finally stopped laughing an realised they were in real trouble I was quite concerned - althoug when they had somehow finally managed to scare the bees away with manic flapping of arms it began to be funny agin as they looked like a spotty teenager.

Glad they were going for the flowers and not you -

AD

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I think bees are facinating. I sometimes laugh because my wife works hard to have a healthy garden, but then she complains when the bees show up. I've been trying to tell her that it's a sign that she's got a great garden.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

I'm sure I would have laughed too AD :p but um... where were you all and why did they get attacked by the bees?

A great garden huh? hmm... well then I guess my flowers are doing well :D

Thanks for the comments guys!


~K Fingerett

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger DiaKL said...

Wonderful, its so beautiful and you also caught the bee;)

hehe I must admit I always laugh seeing people chasing away bees, I find myself in the same situation and we laugh together with the other people laughing at me hihihi:D
I was stung by a bee when I was a kid and it wasnt so nice, you feel a kind of burn and itchy (fortunately the bee didnt leave the sting inside). But when I was in the Philippines, in an island, I was stung by a HUGE thing that felt worse...oh oh bad experience, no more stinging for me please :)

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:28:00 AM  
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

Wow u caught the action.Its a nice photo.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

well, i always remember this:

no bees, no flowers... that whole cross polination thing is there for a reason.

i give 'em a wide berth. not allergic or anything, but dammmmn does my body an low immunity system NOT like bee juice in my system.

2 years back I got stung on my hand and it was numb for 2 days.

try picking up a camera then!
;)

~ B

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

What a bee-lightful picture.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Aww Dia- poor thing :\ [and I think the second link is fixed- thanks]

I'm glad you all liked the post! I'll be back with something a little different later :D


~K Fingerett

Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

I really like this picture. I have returned to it several times. Is it a simple rose? This has real appeal. Good work.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:41:00 PM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

I'm glad you like it, Fraser :D and I don't remember what kind of rose it is... sorry- if I find out I'll let you know :)


~K Fingerett

Friday, April 07, 2006 4:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home