Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bok Tower

Just in case you were wondering where I went...
[and even if you weren't I'm going to tell you anyway :P ]

...I went on a little road trip. We drove down to Florida for a birthday party. The party isn't until later tonight and I had already been to the beach- so I decided to drive around a bit and find something else to do. I saw this little sign for 'Bok Tower Gardens' and decided to check it out. It turned out to be this ginormous [gigantic + enormous] plot of land- 240 something acres- of pure beauty! Now in the middle of the gardens, up on a hill, there was a tower made up of 200+ feet of 'Florida coquina rock' and 'Georgia marble' -as the eight minute video that I watched when I arrived informed me. That little video also mentioned that Frederick Olmsted was the guy who designed the gardens well as Central Park in NYC- I knew that name sounded familiar- and other places like the Jefferson Memorial and the White House gardens. Well there is more to the place but lets get to the few pictures I took- since my camera's battery was running low :(
~*~
Once I got near the tower itself- I was greeted by this cute little puppy. Goldie here was so sweet and let me take a few pictures... But when my friend took a picture- his flash upset the poor puppy and it started barking all over the place and getting super defensive! We didn't stay around the tower very long at all- which is why I didn't get any pictures of it :

Okay, so it was SUPER hot- especially when the sun beamed down on us. There were a bunch of trees that provided shade and we decided to look for somewhere to sit down and rest a bit. We saw a bench off in the distance and walked towards it- but we saw that the sun and this little guy had taken over the whole bench, leaving no room for us, so we looked for another one.

We found a nice place to sit and we stayed there for a while. There were a lot of little flowers and butterflies around us- but I couldn't get a good picture of any of them [the butterflies] because they didn't sit still for long and when they did, the wind would blow a bit and take them away... So here are some of the flowers that were in front of us:
And here are some that I saw on our way to one of the ponds (it looks like we just missed the sprinklers ^_^):

Well it's time for me to get going. I'll share a few more pictures from my little trip in my next post- I think you all will like what I found when we reached the pond... ^_^


~K Fingerett~

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Lovely little travelogue, you provide for us readers. Beautiful cocker, beautiful flowers, great looking lizard resting in the sun.

And I look forward to seeing and hearing more about this place. Where exactly is this in Florida? When I saw the title, Bok Towers, I imagined something Asian, along the lines of Bok Choy (chinese cabbage). What do you know about the name Bok?

Monday, May 08, 2006 6:36:00 AM  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Great post and pictures! It sounds like a beautiful place to visit.

Monday, May 08, 2006 8:32:00 AM  
Blogger The Alchemist said...

Looks like a great place - gla du had a good time - that lizard thing looks creepy - those kinda things scare the shit out of me

Monday, May 08, 2006 8:52:00 AM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

leeeezards and sunnnnnn!

eep!

so cooh to hear about yer journeys! Sounds like fun! and poor puppers getting scared by flashes. my maddie thinks flashes are eqivalent to play time... so you know what happens then.

giggle
enjoy your week!

B

Monday, May 08, 2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

I'm glad you liked my pictures! I don't know too much about the name Bok, Annie... But Edward Bok was the guy who wanted to preserve the hilltop. And I've never had Bok Choy-I don't think... is that any good?

Thanks Dave- and it IS beautiful! I plan on visiting again :)

I had a blast AD- thanks ^_^ and yeah, those lizards are creepy and I'm usally scared of them myself, but while I was here I wasn't afraid of any of the animals [well, except the water snakes!! but they were sitting around on things floating in the water] Every thing was so nice- I guess I didn't have [too much] time to be scared :)

^_^ aww, thanks B- Maddie is very cute :) My week has been good so far- enjoy yours as well!

Thanks for your comments everyone!


~K

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home