Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Show & Tell


I remember when I was Elise's age. Everyone was my friend. I was not worrying about yesterday or tomorrow- just living one day at a time.
~*~
I remember the TOYS R US song and believing that I would be that 'toys r us kid' forever. This picture of Chris reminds me of my yellow jeep from toys r us... I was the coolest kid on the block [or so I like to remember it :p]- everyone wanted to ride around I'm my new car ^_^
~*~
Everything was going great- the sun was bright, there was a gentle wind... I would drive by a few kids and they would all run up and ask for a ride. After picking my first passenger, I would ride around the park and then pick up another. I was making all kinds of friends. I don't remember talking much, maybe just the usual small talk... "I'm Kay, what's your name?" ... But we would just enjoy the ride with the wind and the eyes of all the kids who wanted a ride.
~*~
This went on for a good while- everyone had had their second or third ride by now- then it happened. We started to slow down and the familiar sound of the "engine" came to a halt... I remember getting out and walking around to the front of my jeep, pulling the hood up, then looking and poking at the engine [a big sticker with illustrations], and scratching my head while trying to figure out what was wrong and how to fix it.
~*~
Soon my 'friend,' who realized the ride was over, got out and left to tell the other kids about what just happened... Well, the kids all came running over- poking, pushing and turning the wheels, the 'engine,' and event the lights. Once all the kids stopped arguing about who took up all of the taxi time and used up the "gas," they all left. There I was with my broken jeep. I was so sad...
~*~
Over some icey cream ^_^ *Yum!* my big brother explained that the jeep ran on special batteries. I didn't really care how it worked, as long as it would work again- plus, the ice cream took my mind off of my broke't jeep.
~*~
Wow... Long post... Sorry guys :
I just got caught up... Well as you can see, I'm back- and my friend is doing just fine now :D

I need to check out everyone's blogs- and try to make up for all of the posts/entries I missed!

~K Fingerett~

5 Comments:

Blogger DiaKL said...

I really enjoyed this post, Im all smiles right now and feeling a little bit nostalgic... :)
Yeap, our kid years were for sure the best, I miss them, time really flies...I just dont want to grow up any more;)

hehe I used to have one of these cars too, only that mine wasnt battery operated, I had to use the pedals;)

Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toy r' us kid..
they've got a million toys at toys 'r us that I can play with!

from bikes to games and video games, it's the biggest toy store there is, GEE WHIZ!

i don't wanna grow up, 'cuz myabe if i did?

I couldn't be a toy 'r us kid....

thanks for your kudos on my remodel dear... glad to hear your friend is okay, and so good to hear from you again.

cheers,
tomorrow's friday!
~ mr puddins jes shook a paw, i'm sure it was toward you...

~ B

Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:41:00 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Nice nostalgic post. Reminded me when i was a little toddler and everything was magical and unknown.

Friday, April 14, 2006 2:50:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hi again K,

Your memoir was a delightful read. I could see you clearly as a little girl.

And welcome back!

Friday, April 14, 2006 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Brent Vermilyea said...

To be a Toys R Us kid forever...well, you can dream, can't you? This grown-up world with its strict rules and daily jobs was never meant for me; I'm sure of it. :)

Friday, April 14, 2006 2:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home