Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Friday, April 28, 2006

Check Out His Ride

Since I had so much fun on my last trip to Florida, I decided I would go back and hang out at the house. I went to my friend's house [somewhere in a place called Highlands County], and we decided to go to one of the little shopping malls they have there. Now I parked and as we were walking towards the mall, I got a glimpse of this car and had to stop and look it over.


My friend was all embarrassed and started with the "hear we go again" sigh as she slowly made her way to the benches to have a seat... So I walked all around the car. I read all the quotes and such, looked at all of the little figurines and toys- I even touched a few of them O_o


Just as I turned on my camera, I saw this tall man [around fifty years old?], wearing a cowboy hat with "Jesus" written on the front, walking towards me. He gave me a little nod and a quick half smile which is when I put two and two together and realized it was his car [duh!]... I wanted to ask him all about the car- why did you do this to your car? How many things have you glued to the car? How long have you been doing this? Etc...-but after fitting yet another sticker on the side of his car, he seemed to be in a bit of a rush. He wasn't mean or pushy about it, but he was defiantly trying to ignore me while I stood there [probably looking silly] trying to get the words out of my mouth. So finally, while he was opening his door to get in, I asked if I could take a few pictures of his car- I was going to get my pictures whether he wanted me to or not- and he said "sure" while getting ready to sit down in his car.


Before he sat down, I had already snapped about three pictures. I found it kinda funny, for someone who is doing something so attention grabbing, that he wasn't very welcoming... Maybe it was just a bad time/day? Oh well, I got my pictures and a few other items from the mall- so my day turned out to be just fine :) I don't know, I thought the car was kinda interesting... Just though I would share ^_^


~K Fingerett~

6 Comments:

Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Oh Thomas- you make me laugh. And I love how your picture is ever changing...

Thanks for stopping by ^_^


~K

Friday, April 28, 2006 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

As I was reading you story I thought you were going to say the owner of this car used it to evangelize people who stopped to look. Then I thought you were going to say the guy getting into the car was a car thief (and that was the reason he didn't want to talk with you). But, the mystery remains - why didn't he talk?

I hope to see a car like that someday.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:50:00 AM  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

I think this guy is looking for the quick path to heaven! With that many ornaments blocking his view, it's only a matter of time before a bad lane change and an 18-Wheeler sends this guy, his car and all those messages straight to Jesus's front door.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger micki said...

Love the story and the lens flare in the bottom shot almost looks like an annointing blessing from up high!

Saturday, April 29, 2006 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Annie your not alone... I thought he might have been one to try and convert people who took the time to look around as well! But he wasn't much of a talker at all and seemed like he didn't really care to be bothered either- so yes, the mystery does remain...

"18-Wheeler" haha- good stuff Dave :P I was wondering if it was hard to drive with all of those distractions!

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post that last picture because of that streak- but I'm glad you like it Micki :D


~K

Saturday, April 29, 2006 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

we have a fremont solstice fair here in the seattle/fremont area, and every year there's a contest for folks who deck out their cars like that... omgosh... most don't even look like cars anymore... some are HUGE Salmon, with thousands of spawning salmon glued to it, some are hawaiian islands, complete with waterfall in the exposed trunk... one (my fav) is converted into a Star Wars X-Wing fighter.. complete with laser burn scars, artoo detoo sticking his head outta the top and more..

woot woot!

gotta come see those.....

B

Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home