Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Jewelry To Please The Eye

Relax. I'm not showing you any more crawling jewels. I was flipping through my 2005 journal last night- and in one of my "Wacky Wednesday: Something Different" entry, I found a clip out of a picture that looks just like this:

that's right. Its eye jewelry a.k.a. "JewelEye" - that's what they call it. A Netherlands organization, the Institute for Innovative Ocular Surgery, came up with these stylish platinum implants. These CEI's (Cosmetic Extraocular Implants) come in the form of hearts, stars, eurosigns, four-leaved clovers, music notes and many other shapes "on request."
~*~
Ophthalmologists shove- sorry- "insert" these jewels into the "membrane that lines the outer surface of the eyeball." I just found a video. Brace yourselves. Go on- watch it. [if for some reason it doesn't work, let me know A.S.A.P! This is a must see- hehe, I can rhyme.]
::waits for you to come back from watching the video::

I thought you might like to look at something pretty after that. So...the video... how was it?
~*~
I think this JewelEye looks pretty cool and all- but I don't think I'd get it for myself. Ever. Other reasons for not getting eye jewelry:

1) Money- It is probably very EXPEN$IVE.

2) Netherlands- the only place it can be done [I believe]

3) Risks- I'm sure there is a lot that can go wrong... *cough* BLINDNESS *cough*

4) Procedure- Did you WATCH that video?

5) Um... I don't need a five- in fact, I didn't need this little list at all, the whole "it's just not for me" thing should have been enough.

I'm itching for comments on this one.


~K Fingerett~

10 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

I'm itching from looking @ those "jewels". EEPS! I didn't watch the video b/c... well... GROSS! ;)
I am not certain I could do anything like that to my eyeballs. I watched Hostel and well... *cough* eyeballs are just stuff you don't mess with, yo!

Saturday, May 27, 2006 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

That video is making me do this: Aaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! Make it stop! Make it stop!!!

Sunday, May 28, 2006 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

AIEEEE!!!!! That video was horrific...that's just way too over the top.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 8:06:00 AM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

I refuse to watch the video becaue I have huge issues about eyeballs being messed with.


Ew.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Vermilyea said...

Eye jewelry: possibly the most moronic thing ever invented?

Monday, May 29, 2006 1:00:00 AM  
Blogger DiaKL said...

heheh, my 1st trip to the Netherlands was 4,5 years ago :) I stayed in some friends I met in a greek island, they stayed at my house, so they offered to host me as well :) They are wonderful people, and very close friends of mine :)

They are really colourful, and into piercing and tattooing. The one guy, he is working in a piercing shop...well, some time ago, a very popular Brazilian piercer was working in that shop. He specialized in "body modification".
As I learned, body modification is the process of changing your body :) It can be done by many means (which I cant describe here, cause maybe you wont talk to me again). Part of these, is of course, the "implants" :) Inserting "things" in your body. I didnt see anything like this one, in the eye, but I saw photos of people who had large pieces of (dont remember the material) in them, in their hands, legs, or bodies. My friend now has a small implant, on his forehead, it looks nice. But the procedure, and the healing, as he told me, WERE NOT NICE!. For me, I wouldnt do an implant, Im just too scared to put an alien object in my body.

Just for the record, in my friends piercing shop, in average, one person per day is piercing his/her genitals. Piercing is EXTREMELY popular.

Finally, yes, implants are VERY expensive, not to tell that they are not 100% guaranteed that nothing will go wrong, because theres a possibility the body to reject the implant, and then problems start...

mmmmm if you are still interested about body modification, just drop me an email, I can fill you up with more details (not for the faint hearted hihi:D)

Monday, May 29, 2006 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger bronxbt said...

the whole eyeball thing makes me wanna jes vomit.

i hate this world sometimes when people do this stuff to be hip, etc.

jes makes my skin (or eyeballs) crawl

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:04:00 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

Well it is eye catching....not sure I would trust the sanity of anyone who had done it tho'

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 5:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's crazy! I'd never do that.

Regards,
Jason

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 6:30:00 AM  
Blogger patsy said...

how could anyone risk their vision doing this?

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home