Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Street artists

These ladies are pretty good at what they do... fun colors, designs and even characters if you want...
"for you- only five dollars" they chime...
so you think- "wow, only five bucks! that sounds like a deal"
So you tell/ write down the name you want them to design and you watch them do there thing. (I really think the best part is actually watching them make it.)

Look how skilled this one is-- she can design, answer her phone AND talk in another language all at the SAME TIME! (wow!)
So, when they are done they tell you- "okay, $25" with a big fat grin

then you tell them- "but you said $5 'for me'"
then they explain that the actual name on the paper itself is $5 and that the frame and the plastic to protect it is $20
I wanted to get a few for my friends so i would have ended up spending $100 for four of them... she ended up cutting me a deal and letting me give her $60 for all four... my friends told me they all think I got cheated but I still think its better than paying $100

Just another quick post!
More to come later!!!
(I wont get to stop by any blogs today- which prob. means no one will stop here either... hmmm... well I guess stopping by your blogs is the only way you all know I'm still around-- again, I'm sooooo sorry I haven't been able to post as much as I would like... please forgive me.)
Until next time!
~K Fingerett~

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Hi "K", you're still here and it feels good to be in touch.

I bet your friends will love having their framed names.

Friday, July 13, 2007 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Good stuff...sounds like you kind of got taken, though. But whatever, they look cool.

And I think giggles got fired. He didn't show up for the last two days. I'm guessing it had something to do with his tool belt and some farm animals...

Keep writing, I enjoyed this.

- Michael

Saturday, July 14, 2007 4:18:00 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

It seems you know how to haggle pretty well there, K.

How are you feeling? Recovering from your wisdom teeth getting pulled?

Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:25:00 AM  
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

Hi K thanks for the comments...Yeh me travelling threadbare....without a camera too..
memories r going to be ter though.
hope u doing good.
thanks for the comment

Monday, July 16, 2007 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I've always been impressed by street artists. Maybe that is my future! :-)

Monday, July 16, 2007 12:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home