Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Time To Worry?


One year since Katrina...

Now we are dealing with Ernesto.

So far, it seems as if we are getting off easy- well, that's what I'm thinking.

The residents of south Florida (and some in central Florida) have been creating long lines while trying to make those last min. runs to the gas stations, trips to gather supplies for the home, and making mad dashes for the last case of bottled water, canned goods and other hurricane friendly groceries. [ugh... look at how I'm writing. You can just tell I'm back in school :\... okay, no more of that...]

We went to a grocery store this morning around 11:30am-12:00am and all the bottled water was gone, the shelves looked like they let a bunch of wild monkeys have their way in the aisles, and the ground was cluttered with everything from shredded bits of cardboard [boxes?] to a broken flip flop.

Lucky for us, we always have tons of water and canned goods/pantry foods on hand. And we just so happened to have one very big jug-thingy filled extra gas (it was for the lawn mowers we have here)

So even though I'm not too sure much will happen, we are still prepared.

Oh, and bad storms = no school = happy kids.

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to get some sleep, it has been a VERY long day for me. I'll fill you all in on the details about Ernesto and such the next time I get on here. If it's not right away don't freak out- just remember that I've been working on trying to post more frequently -- keywords:" trying to"


Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be back again soon
^_^


~K Fingerett~

7 Comments:

Blogger bronxbt said...

i have only 2 comments:

this sh*t will keep happening if the gawddamned idiots KEEP BUILDING New orleans and any other place BACK in the same place it was originally decimated. screw them all. this is a typical instance where mankinds idiocy proves that we deserve what we get. NATURE is jes that. pure energy, power and relentless. we either stand aside or get washed away.

2nd:
i'm really hoping for a hurricaine to be named SKIPPY, WALLY, BART, or something funny. I dunno, tha's jes me.


i'll be back under the desk if you need me.

B

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

pqAre you in Florida or somewhere that is at risk?

Stay safe K!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

::sits under the desk with B::

You said:
"we either stand aside or get washed away"

I'm saying:
people are stubborn- and are stuck in their own/old ways. So yeah, dummies always get whats coming to them :\

::shares a pb&j sammiches with you::

I had a kitty named skippy once... he was a weird one... But I think they should name one snufalufagus (sp?)... ^_^

::gives you a lunch bag with yum yums for you, wifey and mr. puddins::

I'll be out watching the wind and rain destroy my pretty flowers if you need me... :(

* * *

Dave, I'm being as safe as I can be. Things are just fine when it comes to me.

However, I am a bit worried about my little friends that live outside. All of the "visitors" are prob. out being cold and getting wet somewhere :(

If its any nicer out tomorrow I'll put some food out for the kitties and the birdies.

* * *

Thanks again for stopping by!


much love

~K

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

It sounded to me, on the t.v. news, that lots of people in Fl have learned how to prepare for tropical storms. And it sounds as if you have proven that point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the storm doesn't create any problems for Fl.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

You didn't get blown away to Michigan did ya, K?

Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Sorry about not making an update sooner...

Annie, we have been ready since last years storms and such. It is best to prepare early so we dont have to worry about the long lines or not getting what we needed.

Thank you, Markis ^_^ No hell, just a lot of water.

Citizen D, you are right- well the news reports... it wasnt really bad for us at all- just a lot of rain and a little extra wind... it was raining on and off today too... But thats alirght- it was nice and sunny when I went to the beach later in the day :D

My Dearest Mr. Grunt Man, I'm sorry, I didnt get blown away to Michigan. What is in Michigan anyway??? .... ;D

Everyone here, thanks again for stopping by- I'm feeling the love :)

I have my cousin's baby girls over for the long weekend- TWINS! YAY!

But yeah, Happy Labor Day [weekend] Everyone!


~K

Saturday, September 02, 2006 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

I live in Central Florida and waited at a very busy gas station the day before ernesto came through. It wasn't much more than a really good rain storm here, thankfully!

Saturday, September 02, 2006 2:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home