Another Fingerett

Anything I feel, think, see, hear, ... stories, pictures, ... and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up ... ***So these are fingers? I don't think I have ever seen them 'fing'... how do you know when they are 'finging' ...***

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I have been told that I'm a "character" ... not sure if that is a good thing or not ... anything else you want to know- I guess you'll just have to check out my blog and find out for yourself...

Friday, August 11, 2006

Our Spoiled Country

I've thought about making a post like this for a while... And part of Annie's comment (from the last post) brought up this idea again. The link brings you to a video- DON'T HIDE! It has nothing to do with eyes or roaches (links provided for anyone who missed those or if you just want to see them again... ^_^)... However, the language is another story so you can hide the kiddies. Just let me know what you think.


"...Americans, let's face it: We've been a spoiled country for a long time. Do you know what the number one health risk in America is? Obesity. They say we're in the middle of an obesity epidemic. An epidemic like it is polio. Like we'll be telling our grand kids about it one day. The Great Obesity Epidemic of 2004."How'd you get through it grandpa?""Oh, it was horrible Johnny, there was cheesecake and pork chops everywhere"..."


...:::An Update From An Older Post:::...
Try to do better than I did. I'd like to see some ideas there as well.



~K Fingerett~


4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

This was a great post due, in most part, to the painful truth of it all.

And yes, someone did break into my apartment and try to steal from me. As I walked in this guy was holding my laptop and my ipod in his hands and was carrying a backpack full of some of my other things. Needless to say, I was slightly angered.

I don't think you should be so hard on Americans, though. I mean, it's not as if there are starving children in Africa who eat lizards and sticks, right? Ohh. . . Yeah. Good post, I think you have a pretty well grounded view of the world. I'm looking forward to your future writing.

Michael

Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

I was afflicted with some Tiramisu this weekend. Damn obesity epidemic!!!

Monday, August 14, 2006 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Great post. Sad state of affairs, ain't it? Thanks for visiting! :-)

Monday, August 14, 2006 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

K, if it's true that obesity is defined as weighing 20% over your ideal weight, then there are lots of people who qualify as obese.

The other day I found a weight chart dating from the 1950's. The ideal weight to height ratio was different then than it is now. That led me to thinking that someone (the insurance companies maybe?) have changed the charts. Ideal weights fifty-six years ago where much lower than now.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home